Aggregate Impact Value Test
December 31, 2010
In construction of roads the aggregates should be in standard of R.D.A. To check that Aggregate impact value test is performed. If the AIV value is greater than 30 that aggregate is not
suitable for the work.
- Sample of aggregate passing 14mm sieve and retain on 10 mm sieve was taken.
- Put into a metal tray and compacted by tamping rod for 3 layers.
- Measure the weight.
- Three samples were taken as same procedure.
- Samples were sieved by 2.36 mm sieve.
- Sieve three samples for same time period.
- Weights of retain and passing were measured.
- Aggregate impact value = Wt. of road sample/Wt. of passed sample